Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please create a TrainingPeaks account or login. Once logged in, return to the forum by clicking "Forums" at the top right of your account.
Withings WiFi Scale - Body Fat Data not showing up correctly
mjengstrom
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 29, 2012 12:59:28 PM(UTC)

Hi - This week the data from my Withings WiFi Scale is not showing up in Training Peaks correctly. Weight looks ok, but Body fat is off. It is showing up correctly from Withings. Ex. Today, my scale said my body fat was 14.5%, but its showing up as 8.5% in Training Peaks.

Thanks,
Mike
wwijnans
#2 Posted : Monday, October 01, 2012 5:39:30 AM(UTC)

same issue for me, weight is correct but body fat remains 3% while it should be 9-10 according to mywithings.

shawnhpeaksware
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 02, 2012 12:17:28 PM(UTC)

Hi,
We don't poll the data from Withings, their website transmits it to our system when it gets an updated value from your scale. If you're not seeing the transfer or it is incorrect then Withings is having some sort of issue transmitting the data. I'd recommend contacting them about this.
Thanks!

Shawn Heidgen
Customer Support
Peaksware, LLC

Submit a ticket:
http://www.trainingpeaks.com/support/
wwijnans
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 03, 2012 3:47:48 AM(UTC)

They are very non-responsive. To say the least. Thanks Shawn, Now I remember how good Peaksware support is when dealing with companies like Withings.
cdmackay
#5 Posted : Monday, October 08, 2012 8:41:07 AM(UTC)

Similar problem here: most of the time fat is not transmitted at all (from Withings -> TP). When it is transmitted, it is wildly wrong, e.g. 1/10 of the correct value.

Have logged a support ticket with Withings this morning.
ntwsmith
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 28, 2012 12:51:28 AM(UTC)

Hi Everyone

New here

the only thing I seem to get from my scales is weight. I don't get body fat at all nor do I get height & BMI of which it all knows? Any ideas?
stevenknapp
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:55:05 PM(UTC)

Weird, mine was working up til early November. Then stopped when there was a short interruption in service from the Withings side.

Not had good response from Withings. But I will say that "My Fitness Pal" and Fitbit are still getting both weight and BF%. Not sure if they are using different APIs?
dgenske
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 29, 2012 8:58:03 PM(UTC)

I'm seeing the same thing and just found this link. For a while, body fat % was showing much higher and then it stopped showing up entirely. Clearly something isn't working right and I appreciate the fact that this is a partner product feature, but it's one that's fairly integrated into the function of the software tool (weight) and I hope Training Peaks can devote some attention accordingly. In the mean time, it makes sense to contact Withings too, but a I'm sure a corporate partner can apply a bit more pressure than Joe Consumer. Just saying...
stevenknapp
#9 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 7:25:02 PM(UTC)

So something happened. Looking back on my history I now have a lot of duplicate measurements and the duplicates all have 3% BF. This goes back into my history for almost a year.

Weight for the last three days isn't there, with or without BF.
stevenknapp
#10 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2012 7:26:47 PM(UTC)

Shawn, is there any quick way to modify/remove the duplicate entries? Ideally a list of entries, I sort by BF, select all with 3% and remove them. I'm not seeing a way.
mrsteiner
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 04, 2012 10:33:42 AM(UTC)

Reply for ntwsmith, my weight was displayed, but not the BF% or BMI, which I had to set manually. Click to view your weight, at the lower left click Add/Remove Metrics. On the Quick View (left) and Metrics Tab (top), click the plus sign in the Available column to add a metric(s) or the minus sign in the In Use colum to remove it. You can even track your height for changes! Just kidding. :o)

Martin
martingibson
#12 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 6:01:40 AM(UTC)

I also have the 3% body fat problem - it looks like points where there is no data are being transmitted as a spurious "3%"; I have submitted a support request to Withings and suggest others do the same so they're more likely to pay attention. https://withings.zendesk.com/home
martingibson
#13 Posted : Wednesday, December 05, 2012 6:01:41 AM(UTC)

I also have the 3% body fat problem - it looks like points where there is no data are being transmitted as a spurious "3%"; I have submitted a support request to Withings and suggest others do the same so they're more likely to pay attention. https://withings.zendesk.com/home
dgenske
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 06, 2012 8:34:16 PM(UTC)

Okay! Today everything seems to be showing up properly. I didn't do anything differently, so thank you to Training Peaks or Withings for getting it done.
Brady_White
#15 Posted : Monday, December 31, 2012 10:39:58 AM(UTC)

I seem to have fixed my issue. On the MyWithings site, try changing the "Fat Mass Display" to "Value in mass unit (kg,lb,stlb)" rather than "Ratio in %"
branojacko
#16 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 4:10:15 AM(UTC)

hey

i got the scale and i have set up the connection with my tp account. My problem is that is not showing any metric in my log. DO i need to have premium account or am i doing something wrong?
TammyPeaksware
#17 Posted : Wednesday, January 02, 2013 1:53:04 PM(UTC)

Metrics are not a Premium only feature. Make sure that you have metrics enabled in the 'Show on Calendar' drop down at the top right of your calendar view. If you are still having trouble, send us a ticket so we can help.
Tammy Sadle
Support Manager
Peaksware, LLC

Pls do not private message; submit a ticket:
http://www.trainingpeaks.com/support/
afrofrench
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 7:37:13 AM(UTC)

Hi - I have just imported from my Withings accounts. At first it did not work then I used the 'copy data' option and data showed up on TP but the lean and body fat %s are inverted.

I have just logged a ticket with Withings but if there's anything I can do withing TP thanks for letting me know.