Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please create a TrainingPeaks account or login. Once logged in, return to the forum by clicking "Forums" at the top right of your account.
baffled by PMC chart
geoffsuperturbo
#1 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 5:37:43 PM(UTC)

i'm kind of confused by the PMC chart on my WKO. i seem to have a different chart depending on which perspective i choose at the top of the page. the PMC chart in "performance cyclist" is not the same as PMC if i select " my athlete chart" yet both charts begin at the same date and have same starting values etc.

so does the PMC change depending on the graphs that are selected for the page or what? and if so, how do i know which one of these is going to be most accurate for me. i do not see the point of one giving a different CTL to the other, i've done the same training on both graphs so how can it be giving different CTL,ATL and TSB? that just isn't logical
geoffsuperturbo
#2 Posted : Friday, October 21, 2011 6:03:37 PM(UTC)

ok i found the difference in settings. in one chart i had only ticked bike in the "show types of workout" when i customise the chart.

in the other chart all boxes were ticked.

i'm still not sure why the chart is different though as i only ever ride bike or have a day off. so as a cyclist, should i just tick boxes bike, day off and race? i'm not racing this time of the year either so should i uncheck race? settings can be confusing me thinks
marcus_at_peaksware
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:36:24 PM(UTC)

Hi Geoff,

If you only participate in one type of sport you can just leave them all checked. Whichever method you choose, just keep doing it the same way. The PMC works best with consistency in methods.
Marcus Ward
Customer Success Manager
Systems Administrator
TrainingPeaks.com