Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please create a TrainingPeaks account or login. Once logged in, return to the forum by clicking "Forums" at the top right of your account.
PC sync problem with Timex Global Trainer
niperba
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 4:55:19 PM(UTC)

I have installed the Device Agent, but it appears that the computer and the watch are not communicating. I get a "Waiting for PC ..." message that doesn't go away. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I tried updating the firmware but was unsuccessful. The firmware update has a ghx extension which was not recognized by my computer when I tried to run it. I'm running Windows 7 on a PC purchased Dec. 2009. The Timex Ironman GPS watch was just purchased a week ago. Any help would be sincerely appreciated.
vincegantioqui
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 15, 2012 9:56:39 PM(UTC)

i am having the same issue now. not sure what to do.
Bicycle Norm
#3 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 1:05:35 AM(UTC)

I don't have this problem. My Timex has also been recently purchased.

The waiting for PC will keep appearing on the watch even after you start Timex Device Agent. The boxes in the top row of the Device Agent should provide the information from your watch when it is connected to your computer in PC download mode (i.e., when your watch says waiting for PC). Click the download button and your workouts should be downloaded. Click Save (bottom right) and they will be saved in your account. You can then log in to see the results.

I run Device Agent on Mac OSX-Lion. There might be an issue with the PC version.
TammyPeaksware
#4 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 2:29:55 PM(UTC)

Often there is one of a few things that are causing this error:

1. You are mistakenly downloading the wrong Timex Device Agent; there are two, so make sure that you are downloading the one specifically for the Global Trainer here: http://timexironman.trai...s.com/device-agent.aspx
2. Your watch is not making proper contact with the 'teeth' of the cable; make sure it is charging properly and give it a good jiggle ;-)
3. Make sure your watch is in PC Sync mode

Let me know if you are still having trouble.
Tammy Sadle
Support Manager
Peaksware, LLC

Pls do not private message; submit a ticket:
http://www.trainingpeaks.com/support/
RChrisman
#5 Posted : Monday, January 16, 2012 7:39:02 PM(UTC)

I to am having the same problem with the file extension.

I know that I have downloaded the proper device agent.

Everything else works fine.

The software will not let me download any data from the watch but i can see it on the device agent screen show you. Says nothing is connected
TammyPeaksware
#6 Posted : Tuesday, January 17, 2012 1:48:52 PM(UTC)

Please submit a support ticket as we have found some specific troubleshooting tips for unique situations that will help you.
The device driver installation may be 'hanging' and a complete shut down (5 mins or more) of your computer and reboot may resolve. We are here to help you in support!
Tammy Sadle
Support Manager
Peaksware, LLC

stevenball
#7 Posted : Sunday, February 19, 2012 4:58:44 AM(UTC)

Hi,

I'm having exactly the same problem, downloaded the latest firmware, which all went well. Now I can't connect to my host computer, I have version 70 installed on both my Mac and PC and neither will see the watch.
TammyPeaksware
#8 Posted : Wednesday, February 22, 2012 2:05:47 PM(UTC)

Steven,

We can help you via a support ticket. Thanks!
Tammy Sadle
Support Manager
Peaksware, LLC

simon1113
#9 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2012 11:03:24 AM(UTC)

Same problem here. I have been using the watch for a year, and the watch is no longer detaected on both Mac and PC. The firmware is still 3.14, and 3.0.74 for the Agent.

I opened a ticket and currently exchanging solutions with a support person...
garyvoght
#10 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:34:14 PM(UTC)

Hello all, I have had my timex global trainer now for a couple of months and I love the gadget but I continuously have syncing problems. I will have to try and try again for the Timex Agent Device to see the watch so I can "download" and when I finally get over that where I can "download", I get an error message "an error occurred while attempting to download from the timex global trainer".
Now I will get this message a dozen or so times but if I keep trying, it eventually catchs and my runs are downloaded. After that all is good but every time I need to download my runs, I go through the same frustrating routine.
As seen from the hundreds of other posts, I have the correct software and most up-to-date.
Come on Timex, fix your glitch and help us out.
dmacpeaksware
#11 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 5:33:15 PM(UTC)

For those experiencing intermittent connections and/or downloading and uploading issues after you've updated the firmware and Device Agent please submit a support ticket with the following information so we can more accurately diagnose the problem:
What are the exact steps you are taking to download your data?
What is the make/model of your device?
Are you on a PC or Mac?
What operating system are you running on this computer?
Is this a home or work computer?
Is it a laptop or desktop?
Do you have administrative rights on this computer?
What does the version and build say within your Device Agent (under the Help menu in "About...")?
Dan McIntosh
Customer Support
Peaksware, LLC
GarySpittle
#12 Posted : Friday, September 06, 2013 4:51:49 PM(UTC)

I have also been having intermittent sync issues between PC and watch. The PC software shows the device is connected, but it fails to download the workouts. My workaround, which seems to work quite reliably, is to hold the clamp onto the back of the watch with my fingers. The additional pressure seems to force one of the pins to make a better contact. It has taken a bit of practice, but I can now get my workouts off every time. Its not a great solution, but it seems to work. The reason I switched from Garmin to Timex was the better charging/download connection, but it seems the Timex one isn't that robust either. Surely Bluetooth would be easier? Despite this, the device is still going strong after getting me through many events.
delesseria
#13 Posted : Tuesday, September 10, 2013 3:46:22 PM(UTC)

Try cleaning the contacts on your device as described here:

http://www.dcrainmaker.c...o-clean-contacts-on.html
Igor_Gurov
#14 Posted : Saturday, December 21, 2013 7:57:44 PM(UTC)

Hi.
I have this problem for some monthes. I turn on my Ironman Global Trainer, but device Agent dont see my watch and i can t donload my data from watch. I Refresh ports, restart computer, download latest versions of device Agent but it didn help me.

How can i solve this problem?

Best regards,
Igor.
filipduarte
#15 Posted : Monday, December 23, 2013 11:06:09 PM(UTC)

Igor,
Try this, uninstall and install the TP Device Agent.
Follow THIS instructions and install the correct driver.
Hope I helped you. BigGrin
dwardov
#16 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 11:52:07 PM(UTC)

this is my problem why my Timex Global Trainer is not syncing with my PC,even I already installed the USB device agent.
Anyone can help me to fix this? I already tried to use different OS but it doesn't work.

The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)
There are no compatible drivers for this device.