Welcome Guest! To enable all features, please create a TrainingPeaks account or login. Once logged in, return to the forum by clicking "Forums" at the top right of your account.
Garmin 305 and Device Agent downloads
bkeepr64
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 10:32:25 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Posts: 19

For some reason Device Agent stopped seeing the channels from my garmin file (like HSADG). This just happened very recent for the last week. The Garmin is still fine. I see everything I need to see while training (heart rate, pace, distance, altitude). And I can still upload to Garminconnect and see everything.

Any ideas what's going wrong?

Thanks
Steven
TammyPeaksware
#2 Posted : Monday, October 17, 2011 4:29:07 PM(UTC)

Rank: Advanced Member

Posts: 1,167
Location: Boulder

Hi Steven,

Please make sure your Device Agent is updated appropriately here: http://support.trainingp...s.com/device-agent.aspx
If you are still having trouble, please send us a support ticket so we can identify and resolve the issue. Thanks!
Tammy Sadle
Support Manager
Peaksware, LLC

Pls do not private message; submit a ticket:
http://www.trainingpeaks.com/support/
bkeepr64
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 20, 2011 10:57:11 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Posts: 19

Just downloaded version b64 per your suggestion (i had 54).
Didn't see any change though. Still find the channels field to be empty for my recent run. Same thing on my wife's forerunner 305 for her last 2 run.
We both cleared memory of the garmin, but no luck so far.

When I download to garmin training center, export the file, and upload that one to TP, no problem. There is something wrong with Device Agent.

Thanks in advance for any help solving this. It looks like I am not the only one.

Steven
marcus_at_peaksware
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 27, 2011 4:39:50 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Posts: 591

Hi bkeepr64,

Due to differences in how we read device memory vs how Garmin does it, when the device gets full or was recently full without being completely cleared, we can't read the time-series data. To restore this, please completely clear the device of all historic data and try to keep it clear between workouts to avoid this sort of situation in the future.
Marcus Ward
Customer Success Manager
Systems Administrator
TrainingPeaks.com

bkeepr64
#5 Posted : Monday, November 07, 2011 11:38:27 AM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Posts: 19

Downloaded the latest DA version, and cleared my Garmin's memory.
That seems to work.

Thanks
S.
ronaldk
#6 Posted : Saturday, December 17, 2011 8:55:27 PM(UTC)
Rank: Newbie

Posts: 1

I had the same problem with my 305, clearing the memory does work.
jbrasen
#7 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2011 8:17:29 PM(UTC)
Rank: Member

Posts: 1

I had a similar issue twice. The last time I paid attention to what happened. Watch had a bunch of run workouts and 1 bike workout (heart rate only) and everything was working fine. I cleared the run workouts out of the watch and right after that all of the new run workouts would not show any channels in device agent. Other programs (Training center, Garmin Connect, and Strava) could read the data fine. I then deleted the bike workout and after that all of the run workouts on the watch then started showing the proper channels in device agent (Even the ones that were previously returning no channels).

-Jeff
Quasme
#8 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 8:20:47 PM(UTC)

Rank: Advanced Member

Posts: 229

I am having trouble downloading some of the data from my Garmin 305. The summary will download, the stats will not. Also, when I look at the device agent, the channel which usually reads HSADG is blank.Sad

Any thoughts?
marcus_at_peaksware
#9 Posted : Tuesday, December 27, 2011 4:15:54 PM(UTC)
Rank: Advanced Member

Posts: 591

Hi Quasme,

Please clear your memory and it should start showing channel info again upon download.
Marcus Ward
Customer Success Manager
Systems Administrator
TrainingPeaks.com

junius
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:00:17 AM(UTC)
Rank: Newbie

Posts: 1
Location: Greenville

Hello,

I have the same problem, and both happened to be on the bike. I tried uploading the data to Garmin Connect and an error message appeared saying "one of the files is not accepted by the system". Thoughts?
gerken
#11 Posted : Saturday, July 28, 2012 11:47:53 PM(UTC)
Rank: Newbie

Posts: 1

I got the watch in Feb and used it faithfully till May and then I took some time off running and forgot to keep it charged. Once I re charged the Run Trainer it wouldn't hold a charge longer than a day and it would not get a lock for the GPS to work. The watch would just say it's searching for signal and never find it. I've tried multiple times to re set the firmware as I've scoured the forums looking for a solution.

What can I do to get the watch working again? Is it broken or is this normal and I am just missing some piece of the puzzle.

Nate
TammyPeaksware
#12 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2012 5:44:15 PM(UTC)

Rank: Advanced Member

Posts: 1,167
Location: Boulder

There could be a corrupt file saved on your Garmin. Clearing the device may resolve, but I suggest contacting Garmin support and/or your owner's manual first.
Tammy Sadle
Support Manager
Peaksware, LLC

Pls do not private message; submit a ticket:
http://www.trainingpeaks.com/support/
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.